We believe that God reveals an aspect of His character to us through His generosity displayed at the cross in saving us for His glory. So accordingly, as we strive to put the character of Jesus on display in our city, we long to be known as a generous people.
Additionally, we believe that the Scriptures teach that giving is a vital part of our worship as a whole. We believe that giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
Giving is a formative agent of grace that makes us more like Jesus. Giving is absolutely essential to following Jesus. When we give out of our encounter with the gospel and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to consider:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Jesus. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to the image of Jesus as an unselfish giver. (Romans 8:29)
- It helps us to realize the true ownership of ALL of our posssessions. (1 Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
CP KID MINISTRY CAMPAIGN
This past Sunday, as you may know, I was able to share with our CrossPointe family an opportunity for us to meet some needs in our Kids’ ministry. Because this ministry continues to grow as new families connect, additional space has quickly become a necessity and a key strategy to better connect families who are looking for a great church. The dream is to not simply make this space purely functional, but we want it to be a place that our current and future students will enjoy and be impacted by what happens each week as we meet. This space is simply a tool in which our leaders can be more effective as we set the table for what a life centered on Jesus looks like. So what do we need? Our goal is to raise $500 a month for rent and $10000 for renovations. - Jason (Executive Director - CrossPointe Church)